Important information regarding COVID-19 and your appointment
Throughout Covid-19, the safety and wellbeing of my clients has been and continues to be of utmost importance to me.
As with everything else following the easing of restrictions, my business has to follow strict guidelines in order to ensure your safety. I have followed all the Government recommendations and advice from my professional association, Complementary Health Professionals, and undertaken training in Covid-19, including hand hygiene and cross contamination control.
I have introduced specific protocols to help maintain a safe environment and need to share them with you so you know what to expect at your appointment. These will be revised and amended as necessary.
- I will send you a pre-screening assessment that will need to be completed and returned to me the day prior to your appointment. This can be signed with an email signature or in person when you arrive for your session.
- It is recommended that I keep all appointments to an hour for now, which will mean that I will need to do your consultation via telephone the day before. We can arrange a suitable time once your appointment has been scheduled.
- I have undertaken a full risk assessment and have cleaning protocols in place within my treatment area that are recorded daily. The treatment room will be cleaned in between every client.
- I may ask to take your temperature on arrival as part of the screening process.
- I will be wearing appropriate PPE in line with the latest guidance and this will be changed for every client. I will not be wearing gloves during your treatment as research from the WHO suggests that thorough hand washing is more effective outside of a clinical setting. I also use my forearms and elbows when massaging.
- On the day of your appointment, please could you bring your own bottled water as I am unable to provide drinks and please avoid wearing any jewellery.
- Please do not bring anyone to your appointment in order to minimise contact with other clients.
- Please limit the number of bags you bring to your appointment.
- I would appreciate if you could wear your own face covering in the clinic, or I can provide a mask at a cost of £1. You won’t need to wear it during your treatment when you are face down on the couch.
- Please do not wear your own gloves as this poses a potential risk, and refrain from touching anything during your visit as much as possible.
- Please observe social distancing with others at all times, unless receiving treatment.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment to minimise contact with other clients. I will give you further instructions on the arrival procedure once your appointment has been scheduled.
- An antibacterial hand gel is provided for your use on entry to the building.
- There will be a sanitised basket for you to store your clothes during your visit.
- During your treatment, I have been advised to keep conversation to the minimum to avoid droplet formation but I can assure you that I will give you the same high standard treatment as always.
- I am advised to use contactless methods of payment, so therefore would ask you to prepay for your appointment. I will send you my bank details a day prior to the appointment.
- Should I develop symptoms and test positive to the virus and have had a recent appointment with you, I am required to share your details with the NHS Test and Trace service, otherwise everything continues to remain confidential.
- I will be waiving my standard 24 hour cancellation policy should you develop Covid-19 symptoms or are told to self isolate due to being contacted by the Test and Trace unit.
I aim to make any interactions as safe and comfortable as possible. Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.